HOUSING OPPORTUNITIES of Northern Kentucky
Quarterly, St. Paul's will be offering hands-on volunteering
through Housing Opportunities of Northern Kentucky (H.O.N.K.). HONK is a
home ownership program that brings low-income, working families through
lease phase to home ownership. HONK mostly rehabilitates existing dwellings.
Volunteers of all ages welcome. If you would like more information,
please contact the church office.
FAIR TRADE/EQUAL EXCHANGE/COFFEE
St. Paul's will be serving fair trade coffee during fellowship time. . . Through Fair Trade, farmers around the world are able to get out of poverty, support their families, stay on their land and care for the environment. Working in democratically-run co-operatives, small-scale farmers gain control of their own livelihoods and made strides together in community development organic agriculture and quality control. With the added income from Fair Trade, farmers invest not only in their business but also in education and social services for their communities. If you would like more information, please contact the church office.
-Printer Ink Cartridges - collected and recycled for money given toward the Pastor's Discretionary fund.
- Pill Bottles - Prescription and over-the-counter pill bottles are collected to help improve healthcare quality when dispensing medications in developing countries. If you would like more information, please contact the church office.
-NKU FUEL collections continue periodically throughout the year. Watch for details!
- RACETRACK clothing donations are collected throughout the year for those who work and live at the racetrack.
RONALD McDONALD HOUSE
St. Paul's effort in helping provide items for the Ronald McDonald House. These include: booboo buddies, journals, personal care items. If you are interested in these special donations, please contact the church office.
Each year, St. Paul's collects Christmas Gifts and gathers food to be given to those less fortunate in our area. If you would like more information about helping with this project, please contact the church office.
FAMILY PROMISE of Northern Kentucky
This is a faith-based organization that provides shelter, meals, transportation and case management services to homeless families. The day center coordinates daily activities, ensures the children get to school and provide other essential social services. Each family is able to stay together and has a case plan that includes assistance finding permanent housing, employment, medical care and transportation. OVERNIGHT shelter is provided at 10 host churches with 29 support churches. ST. PAUL'S is a SUPPORT CHURCH to ST. JOSEPH'S in Cold Spring.
Can you help? On a Tuesday of each 10-week rotation, St. Paul's provides an evening van driver pick up from Day Center (4:30 pm); dinner/dinner-evening hosts (5-8 pm); overnight hosts (8 pm - 6:30 am); morning van driver to Day Center (6:30 am). If you would like more information, please contact the church office.
Tender Mercies is a non-profit organization that helps Cincinnati's homeless. Their buildings are single room apartment settings where city ordinances prohibit cooking in resident rooms. Volunteers from St. Paul's meet one Saturday per month to prepare and take a meal to serve at Tender Mercies. If you are interested in becoming a part of this special ministry, please contact the church office.
ISAIAH HOUSE MINISTRIES OUTREACH
Volunteer to help distribute food for those in need the last Saturday of each month. Be at the volunteer tent at St. Elizabeth-Covington parking lot by 8:30 a.m. to sign in and help with distributions.
RACETRACK donations are collected throughout the year for those who work and live at the racetrack.
Summer mission trip - please contact Daryl Knauer for more information.
Our Church's Wider Mission
Through Our Church's Wider Mission, St. Paul's supports sister church, Washington United Church of Christ in Cincinnati! We give yearly to help support their outreach in the community:
· 8-week Summer Youth Program for children that includes breakfast, lunch, worship, Christian education, stories, art, songs, games, recreation, loving relationships, and field trips
· Homework Club - an after-school tutoring program for children age 5-12 ... providing a light meal, one-on-one tutoring with volunteer tutors who help them complete their homework and do other academic enrichment activities
· Camp Cupboard and Closet “store” offers free food items, clothing, and household goods
· Back to School, Thanksgiving & Christmas events distributing school supplies, food, new clothes, toys & blankets and other gifts to neighborhood residents, please contact the church office. ur paragraph here.